The Cranberry Marketing Committee teamed up with recipe and decor guru, Carlene Thomas, RDN, LD, of Healthfully Ever After, to bring you a one-of-a-kind guide to entertaining with fresh cranberries. Below is a featured recipe from the guide. Download the full guide here.
A fresh take on the classic salsa with a fall-inspired combination of cranberries
and ginger that guests will love paired with tortilla chips.
- Servings: 4-6
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (approximately 2 whole limes)
- 1 teaspoon finely-grated fresh, peeled ginger root or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced jalapeño pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup chopped green onion/scallion (white and green sections, approximately 4 green onions)
- tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, juice limes. Add freshly grated ginger, sugar, pepper and salt to bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In the food processor bowl, add fresh cranberries, jalapeño pepper, cilantro and green onion. Pulse approximately 5 times to combine.
- Place cranberry mixture into a serving bowl and add lime mixture. Stir to combine with a rubber spatula.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and serve with tortilla chips.
For more recipes and ideas, download the complete Guide to Entertaining with Fresh Cranberries here. To learn more about the Cranberry Friendsgiving Photo Contest and a chance to win $4,000 in prizes, click here.